Thursday, May 19, 2011

One More Month

One more month until the big day arrives, the day my "little boy" takes a wife.  When the date was picked such a long time ago and the wedding Website went live last July, I knew the time would go by quickly but I don't think I honestly knew just how quickly it really would go by.  I set some lofty goals for this wedding, you know, wearing a size 6 dress, having a six-figure savings account set aside for the young couple, not crying and blubbering like a fool on the big day.  Well, the first two didn't happen and you can rest assured that the third one won't either.

I cry at everything.  I cry when I'm happy, when I'm sad, when something is beautiful, when I see newborn babies, when someone shares good news, when someone shares bad news, when I watch Hallmark commercials.  Business as usual for me.  With elements of happiness, beauty, and good news, this wedding should have me bawling for days.  I'm going to have to start meditating or something so I can make it through the wedding day without sobbing the entire time, for if I do I'll look back for years to come at my puffy eyes and red nose in all of those wedding photos and that will make me cry some more.

I've read some tips on how to prevent yourself from crying, such as taking deep breaths or pinching yourself on the arm as a distraction, but I have a feeling if I'm not the one in the wedding photos with the puffy eyes and red nose, I'll be the one hyperventilating with the bruises all over her arms.

Oh, well, as my sister always says, I am a tenacious optimist.  I'm sure I can do it.  I'm going to peruse some self-help books starting tonight.  I'll figure it out.  And if I lose two pounds a day, I'll bet I can have my dress altered to a size 6.  And there's absolutely no reason why I can't win the lottery and stuff a nice chunk of that money into their savings account for them.  I can do it, I know I can.  After all, I've got one more month.

No comments:

Post a Comment