Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Raise your hand if you're tired of shoveling snow!

So how about it, northeast?  Are you as tired as I am of shoveling snow?  I've lived in Connecticut all my life and I never remember a winter like this one.  I remember a lot of snow as a little girl, but it didn't hang around like this.  We didn't have humongous mounds of snow that you couldn't see around to pull out of a side street.  Of course, I didn't drive when I was a little girl, so you never know.  Maybe you just don't pay attention when you're riding in the back seat.  But I remember our home movies.  My father would spend hours and hours making us an ice rink in the back yard when it snowed.  My mother would film him, and the painstaking way he worked (when you could see around her fingernail which she always managed to have in front of the lens) was a true labor of love.  The next film sequence a few days later would be of grass showing through the ice.  Well, it was fun for the few days that it lasted.

Anyway, my sister's doctor always tells her that no one over 30 should be shoveling snow.  He even gave her a written prescription:  NO SHOVELING SNOW.  She never filled the prescription apparently because I've seen her shovel a LOT of snow this winter.  And take my word for it, she's over 30.

I, on the other hand, have had quite enough bending, lifting, and throwing for one season, and it's only the first of February so we could have a LONG way to go, but I found myself a helper.  I call him "Joe", "Snow Joe" that is.  Have you seen these little gadgets?  What a great thing for someone like me.  I've got the $99 model, and it does a terrific job of cleaning the snow for me.  With some of the snow we've had this season, I've had to take the snow down in levels, but it still beats bending, lifting, and throwing.  It's a wonderful tool for every woman to have, but my husband has decided he likes it too, which is okay by me because it's even easier to clear the snow when I don't have to do it myself.  You'd better hurry and order yourself one before they're all sold out.  Probably had a run on them today because here comes more snow [sigh].

I've got to sign off.  It's been tough typing with only my right hand while the left one has been raised in the air.

Do your back a favor.  Check out the Snow Joe:  http://www.home-improvement-superstore.com/snow-joe-llc-322p-7-5a-elec-snow-thrower.html?utm_term=75AElecSnowThrower&utm_content=HomeImprovement&site=google_base&utm_source=GAN&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=bluecherry

Copyright Priscilla Garamella 2011

1 comment:

  1. I have both hands up - AND - I just looked outside and it's coming down. Hang on to Snow Joe - he's going to be BUSY! Mucho hugs,

    ReplyDelete