Monday, January 24, 2011

Are you weighing the evidence to properly decide your fate?

Today I had the experience of spending the day at a federal courthouse while being questioned to see if I might be fit to carry the burden of deciding someone's fate.  Eight jurors were chosen, and I was among the final 16 to be considered.

Although I was not anxious to give up two weeks of my life to sit in a courtroom, nor was I anxious to drive the 56 miles round trip each day, I left wondering what it was that made the attorneys representing both sides feel that I should not be one of the eight chosen to decide this person's outcome.  I know I would have done my absolute best.  I wondered if the eight chosen will pay as much attention as I would have, if they will take good and thorough notes, if they will be fair and honest in their reasoning, and if they will have the courage to stand their ground against the others if they feel strongly the other way.

Having someone's future in your hands is an enormous responsibility.  Having our OWN future in our own hands is an enormous responsibility.  How many of us just glide through life without taking the time to create a road map.  If we just go through life on cruise control without taking the time and effort to plan our lives and create that map, how will we know where we are and how will we know when we've gotten there?

Have you taken the time today, this week, this month, this year to write down your own goals, plans, and wish lists?  Do you know where you're heading?  Do you know what you'll need to have or to do in order to reach your destination?  Are you willing to work on your own behalf?

When you take a look at who I am, what I do, and the company I represent, I want you to WEIGH all of the information.  Don't take anything in life on face value.  Do your homework, make your plans, dream your dreams, but know all of the facts and circumstances before you embark on your journey.

Get in touch with me to help you to assess all of the information.  I KNOW that I will be fair and honest in assessing your situation, and I KNOW that I will weigh all of the evidence and help you to decide your fate in the appropriate manner for you.

http://www.priscillagaramella.com/

Copyright Priscilla Garamella 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment